regions of countries

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » regions of countries » Germany » Beautiful German Cities in Bavaria

Beautiful German Cities in Bavaria

Сообщений 1 страница 2 из 2

Contributed by Alison

If I were pressed into choosing a favourite city in Germany, it would have to be Munich, a city that surprised and delighted me on many levels. Creatives will enjoy discovering the rich culture of design both modern and historic. Car-lovers can explore the World of BMW while history-buffs can wander through Schloss Nymphenburg or one of the beautiful churches from every architectural style imaginable.

What surprised me the most about Munich, however, was its exciting (and delicious) food-scene. Not only are both traditional and modern German cuisines well-represented here; you can also feast on international meals from around the world including some of the best vegetarian cuisines I’ve enjoyed in Europe. Don’t miss the excellent food markets, both indoors and outdoors.

Nürnberg

If you're visiting Germany don't miss the city of Nürnberg in Bavaria
If you’re visiting Germany don’t miss the city of Nürnberg in Bavaria
Contributed by German Backpacker

If you’re backpacking around Germany, you certainly shouldn’t miss visiting the city of Nürnberg in Bavaria. While Nürnberg isn’t as popular and well-known as tourist hotspots such as Berlin and Munich, it has much to offer.

Nürnberg is full of beautiful churches in its old town, and visitors also should make sure to visit the Nürnberger Castle which offers a fantastic panorama of the city.

Additionally, Nürnberg also played an important role in World War 2 and the Hitler regime. To learn more about the dark part of Germany’s history, head to the former Nazi Rally Grounds and visit the documentation centre.

Nürnberg is especially well-known for its Christmas Market in December – one of the most beautiful and largest Christmas markets of the country! If you’re traveling to Germany in the advent time, a visit to Nürnberg is well worth it as well.

Regensburg

The well preserved medieval city of Regensburg is a gem in southern Germany
The well preserved medieval city of Regensburg is a gem in southern Germany
Contributed by Points and Travel

The quaint and well preserved medieval city of Regensburg in Southeast Germany is well worth a visit. With its famous 12th-century, 16-arch stone bridge that crosses the river, you can imagine that was quite a feat to build back then.

Right near where this stone bridge enters the Old Town is a famous sausage house, Regensburg Sausage Kitchen, that has been there almost as long! It is the oldest continuous public restaurant in the world! Take it to go or go inside and rest for lunch, as there is plenty of walking to be done here.

As for me, I chose to spend my time souvenir and Christmas shopping in Old Town. And while you are at it, be sure and stop by my favorite German mustard store Händlmaier’s, where they have over 28 varieties of mustard in toothpaste-like tubes. Yes, that’s right, a store simply for mustard! That way, when you return to your home. You can remember how good those sausages were in Germany. Now you will have the perfect mustard to put on top of your sausages.

🤩

Вы здесь » regions of countries » Germany » Beautiful German Cities in Bavaria

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно